Automatic Ashing and Drying System
Representing the highest level of fully automatic thermo-gravimetric analysis operating at temperatures of up to 1000º C.
- Built-in high performance analytical balance 0001 g.
- Massive reduction in the work-load through the simultaneous evaluation of the moisture and ash content of up to 29 samplesin one cycle without desiccator.
- Over 36 hoursanalysis time available.
- Selectable atmosphere (N2, O2, Air), exhaust option for measure sulphate-ash.
- Display 5.7“ VGA colour touch screen keyboard.
- Remote Monitoring on PC via Network.
- Various communication ports: Ethernet, USB (PC, Printer).
- Printout: Graphics, Tables, Methods and Statistics.
- Measurements meet the requirements of DIN, ASTM, ICC and others.
- Error free reports conform to GLP guidelines.
prepASH 340 series is the latest in the new generation of thermo-gravimetric analysis instruments.
It determines moisture and ash values automatically and produces up to 80% savings in workload and costs. The prepASH provides higher precision and reproducibility of the results through considerable improvements of manual procedures. This is an instrument where no technology transfer data loss occurs and where the entire process is monitored and recorded from start to finish.
In one working cycle, up to 29 specimens and a reference pan are ashed fully automatically in accordance with the latest quality guidelines, monitored and recorded within a wide temperature range of 50° to 1000°C. Safety and reliability in the storage of fundamental data and operating parameters are guaranteed.
Principle of Analysis:
The prepASH 340 series consists of a muffle furnace combined with an analytical balance and advanced software using a touch-screen user interface. Weighing curves are recorded over time for each individual test sample. This permits automatic end-point determination and control during the entirety of the drying and ashing process. No additional computer is needed.
Easy method development with prepASH
- Definition of temperature profile
Temperature curves can be individually configured and consist of more than 10 freely definable steps (ramping/holding). Temperature’s can be set between 50°C to 1000°C. Combustion atmosphere can be varied by choosing the process gas (air, O2, N2).
- Setup of the end-point determination
The analysis is finished when all samples have reached a stable weight. The auto-stop criteria can be chosen from 0.1-9.9 mg per 1min, 30 min or 60min. Alternatively the analysis can be stopped at a fixed time.
- Selection of results calculation
The results are calculated as losses or residuals in respect of weighing-in or pre-interval values (e.g. dry mass). The user may choose between %, ‰, g/kg, g.
All parameters are saved as individual methods on the prepASH.
Efficient daily analysis in just a few Steps with prepASH
1st Step: Method selection and Weighing-in
2nd Step: Unassisted / Standalone Analysis
3rd Step: Report output
Fully automatic measurement of drying and ignition residue
- Automatic compensation of the air buoyancy
- Continuous weighing and storage of weight changes
- Option to develop new methods with temperature and time profile. The system follows the specified profile precisely
- The sample chamber is opened and closed automatically or by touching an icon
Practical touch screen controls
- High-resolution graphics touch screen (colour, VGA 5.7")
- Very simple, language-independent user guidance by icons
- Process sequence with all parameters shown on the colour screen
Perfect quality records with or without an additional PC
- Real-time display of the weight loss during the drying and ignition process
- Error-free results recording in accordance with FDA/GLP guidelines
- Display of up to 29 samples, individually or in groups (coloured)
- PC software prepDATA for extended data evaluation, online monitoring, statistic and report preparation