- Accurate in-line results in seconds
- Multiple components per measurement
- Non-destructive analysis
- Optional built-in 6-port multiplexer
- Direct method transfer
- Rugged design
- Ethernet connectivity and industry standard communication protocols
The advantages of real time, on-line FT-NIR analysis have been well established. However, conventional spectrometers can only be installed close to the process that they are monitoring, which makes the analyzer be exposed to a hostile environment, like drastic temperature changes and exposure to dust and dirt. Furthermore, the instrument needs to be positioned in hard-to-access and often Ex-protected area.
By using fiber optics technology, the difficult to reach measurement points can be accessed by industry hardened fiber optic probes, while the MATRIX-F is positioned, e.g. in an analysis house. Bruker Optics offers complete solutions for various on-line analysis tasks.
- Fiber Optic Probes: Classic diffuse reflectance, transflectance or transmission probes with various path lengths can be adopted as well as process flow cells or pilot plant assemblies. Various probe materials are available, like stainless steel or Hastelloy.
- Heads for Contactless Measurements:The fiber optic NIR illumination and detection head contains tungsten sources which illuminate the sample. The scattered light is collected and guided via a fiber optic cable to the spectrometer. This way, a contactless measurement can be performed remotely, opening a whole array of new applications. Up to six heads can be connected to one MATRIX-F emission or MATRIX-F duplex spectrometer.